Sales - Inside Sales Representative
The Inside Sales Representative is a critical member of the NHS sales team with a concentration on Core Wholesale account types. This position reports to the Domestic Sales Manager and Sales Director and will be responsible for account management, channel presentation and territory sales strategy.
Core responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Sell skateboards, apparel, and related products to US Domestic & eCommerce customers
- Generate new sales opportunities within assigned territories, along with maximizing sales with the existing customer base.
- Ensure sales growth across all categories and brands by use of Business Intelligence (BI) and other sales monitoring metrics.
- Achieve quarterly, annual, and prebook sales goals as determined by you and NHS management
- Customer service rep to account list (first line of communication to NHS from your account)
- Send weekly E-Mailers including in-stocks and specials to account base.
- Responsible for all order and customer management which includes: managing contacts in database, mailing lists for territory, order entry of prebooks & at once orders with your field representatives, issuing credits, product RA's, and warranty.
- Follow up with accounting/shipping departments to ensure timely deliveries of your orders.
- Attend all sales meetings/functions and contribute as an active part of the department’s overall goals
- Develop and execute a cohesive sales plan and strategy, while pursuing the company’s departmental and financial goals and objectives. Identify and capitalize on current and future sales opportunities and implement plan
- Drive strategy, forecasts and growth by customer type
- Partner with Marketing to align brand and product messages to ensure proper coverage for omni-channel sales and marketing initiatives.
- Work with Sales Director to set pricing policies for eCommerce channel keeping customers informed as needed; enforcing Minimum Advertised Pricing Policies (MAPP) with all eCommerce retailers
- Develop and implement a strategy for Amazon.com, direct and 3rd party sellers.
- Some travel required into key territories for customer visits
Skills & Background Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum five-years industry related sales experience
- Ability to travel domestically twice a year to meet with customers
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, well-organized, detailed and task oriented
- Ability to work well and keep cool under pressure and deadlines
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Proven track record of strong negotiation and sales skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as with other team members
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel programs
What you get: Competitive salary, Incentive bonus and Profit-sharing bonus plan. Health insurance (low employee contribution), 401K plan, vacation when you need it, paid personal days and paid holidays. FREE Espresso, Hot Cocoa, and Popcorn (on Fridays). Awesome employee discounts on NHS product as well as discounts at other well- known companies. The opportunity to work for a great company that offers quality of life, flexibility, a good vibe, no politics and a relaxed environment.